October 31, 2014
- What Personal Information does Desura Collect?When users visit our website, mobile apps purchase content, purchase advertising, make requests and register/win competitions to receive materials, we may collect “Personal Information”. Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify a particular individual, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit/debit card information or other contact information.Personal Information includes information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and ads you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with Desura websitesPersonal Information may also include certain information from the browser you used to come to our website, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and to which URL you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
When other non-public information, such as product preferences, hobbies or browsing history, is directly associated with personally identifiable information, that other information is treated as Personal Information.
There is absolutely nothing special about the information just described, and the practice of collecting this data has been generally standardized by virtually every Web Server on the Internet today.
- Why does Desura collect Personal Information?The purpose for this information is actually two-fold. One, Desura has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic in its aggregate, so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various browsers and operating systems that visit our site. Additionally, as any business should attest, it is our desire to generate greater amounts of visitor traffic. By analyzing visitation patterns, referring URLs and Search Engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure on the Internet.
However, we may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Desura; or (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of Desura or users of our website.
Desura may also “de-personalize” Personal Information by removing personally identifiable characteristics, such as name and email address, and aggregate data for use in surveys or other business purposes. Desura may then use and/or share this de-personalized information with third parties.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Personal InformationIf you choose not to provide any Personal Information when requested on the website, you can still enjoy most areas on the website. However, you may be unable to access certain areas and services that require our interaction with you.Desura will not send you e-mail that you have not agreed to receive. If you are a member of our Mailing List, you will be contacted with announcements, news, portfolio additions, and new products or services. You have the option of “Unsubscribing” from our Mailing List at any time, thereby disabling any further such e-mail communication from being sent to you. If you wish to have specific communications with a member of the Desura staff, you will be required to provide specific information that will be routed to the appropriate contact within Desura.
- Commitment to Data SecurityTo prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All financial transactions are protected by 2048bit SSL encryption.
- Notice To California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights:Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “Shine the Light” law), Desura customers who are residents of California may request certain information you have the right to request certain information regarding the disclosure of your information about our disclosure of personal information during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.To make such a request, please write to us at the following address:32 Journey, Suite 200, Aliso Viejo, CA 926565.
Alternatively, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.